Friday, November 26, 2010

Voices from the Flats – Dear Sarah, You’re Not Alaska.

Voices from the Flats – Dear Sarah, You’re Not Alaska.

By Zach Roberts

Special note: This is a message to Sarah, that I sent to her via Facebook. Alaskans will get all the places, some of the references and some of the names. If you don’t get them, give it a Google, or read TheMudFlats.net (why aren’t you reading it already? What’re you a member of the Paliban?)

Or better yet, get your butt on the next flight up to Anchorage. Yes I know it’s November and it’s cold… that means flights should be cheap. Go to Spenard Roadhouse get the Bacon Jam and tell them I sent you.

***************

Recently in one of much commented on Facebook notes you quoted Italian “race car great” Mario Andretti as saying, “If everything’s under control then you’re going too slow.”

Well personally I always liked this quote from the great American race car driver Richard Petty… “No one wants to quit when he’s losing and no one wants to quit when he’s winning.”

I think that might be the more appropriate quote for you, and by that I mean, I wish you’d quit (again).

Continued here: http://www.themudflats.net/2010/11/20/voices-from-the-flats-dear-sarah-youre-not-alaska/