Thursday, February 21, 2013

Embrace Your Homophobia, Boy Scouts of America, By Henry Rollins


FTA:

By Henry Rollins

" .... I was thinking about all this because the Boy Scouts of America, or BSA for short, is considering easing up its ban on homosexuals and atheists. The Scouts have a ban? They absolutely do.

Check out its oath. The God part is right at the top and the "don't even think about it, you fags" part is right at the end:

On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake and morally straight.

That the BSA is even considering lifting the ban has a lot of people freaking out. If you let these gay, god-hating boys into the Scouts, they will immediately start forwarding their homo agenda! .... " " .... I think the BSA should keep its anti-gay, anti-atheist rules intact. It should post them right on the front of the clubhouse door in big letters. It should use the Westboro Baptist Church's printer. The BSA also should immediately lose all federal funding. Oh yes, the organization gets it. All taxpayers' money coming into the BSA has the Fourth and 14th Amendments all over it. " .... You want to discriminate? I say knock yourself out but do it on your own dime. Get the Koch brothers to write the checks; I'm sure they have a few million lying around. Come on BSA, stand strong! Stay the course! You all should flaunt your homophobia as proudly as your affinity for responsibility and honesty. Tell the truth and let's see how it plays. Do it and then tell me that you're instilling true American values in these young men and I will tell you that you are a liar. I will be right and you will be wrong. .... "

Read the full article here: http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2013/02/henry_rollins_boy_scouts_homop.php