Thursday, August 11, 2011
townhall.com - Group that Attacks Republicans Exposed - joke of the week
Perhaps you’ve heard of the organization called the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW). The mainstream media (and Rachel Maddow) darling is often described as a “nonpartisan watchdog.” Newspaper reporters and cable news commentators want you to think that this collective is keeping tabs on Washington and making sure that both sides of the aisle play fair. Don’t be fooled: CREW is as partisan as they come.
To find out the truth about CREW, go to CREWExposed.com. Here you’ll find a wealth of information about the hyper-partisan activities of this “nonpartisan” group. Among the nuggets:
• Overall, CREW targets Republicans or right-leaning organizations with Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Federal Election Commission (FEC), and congressional ethics complaints eight times more frequently than Democrats;
• 76 percent of CREW FEC complaints were aimed at Republicans/right-leaning groups,
• 100 percent of CREW IRS complaints were aimed at Republicans/right-leaning groups,
• 75 percent of CREW complaints/requests for action with the House Ethics Committee, and 83 percent of CREW complaints/requests for action with the Senate Ethics Committee, were targeted at Republicans;
• CREW has filed 51 lawsuits, 75 percent of which have been aimed at Republicans or the Bush Administration. Only 18 percent were aimed at Democrats.
When one looks at those who work at CREW, these facts aren’t surprising: An analysis of current and past staff members revealed that exactly zero had worked for Republicans or right-leaning organizations before joining CREW. Many of them had worked for Democratic legislators like Chuck Schumer and Joe Biden or liberal organizations like the American Civil Liberties Union and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. And the organization was founded by, among others, Mark Penn, a close ally of the Clintons.
Where does CREW get their funding? You may or may not be surprised. Here’s a hint: A billionaire originally from Eastern Europe has kicked in some funds. Click here [ http://goo.gl/21MzW ] to find out more.
So is CREW a nonpartisan watchdog or Democratic lapdog? Go to CREWExposed.com and you’ll find the answer is pretty obvious. Check out the site and share this with your friends so they aren’t duped by the next news article that features CREW propaganda.
This email is never sent unsolicited. It is only sent to people on the Townhall.com network OR a friend might have forwarded it to you. We respect and value your time and privacy.
You can UNSUBSCRIBE from this Townhall Spotlight by clicking here.
OR Send postal mail to:
Townhall Spotlight Unsubscribe
1901 N. Moore St - Suite 701, Arlington, VA 22209
WERE YOU FORWARDED THIS EDITION OF THE TOWNHALL SPOTLIGHT?
You can get your own free subscription by clicking here.
* Copyright Townhall and its Content Providers. All rights reserved.