Thursday, June 23, 2011

rgb86 - Fav Digg comment-reply of the week

Updated (06-30-2011):
quirkopatra - quirky - 06-30-2011
http://comgen.blogspot.com/2011/06/quirkopatra-quirky-06-30-2011.html

....

"..Okay, Quirk, this has gone way too far. I am a peaceful person, but it's gotten to the point that if you were right in front of me, I don't know if I could restrain myself from punching you in your obnoxious mouth.

Since you're too fucking stupid to read what I've written, I'll write it again.

It seems you think the college comment was something trying to act elitist. In this--as in everything else--you are dead wrong, and are trying to put words into my mouth that I never said. So I'll explain it for you:

I was saying that maybe I can understand the poorly-written post because I've had to read through tons of poorly-written reports. The place where this occurred was in college. That is all. I didn't say high school, because in my high school we rarely worked in groups, whereas in college, it happened all the time.

I am in no way, shape, or form trying to imply that people who didn't go to college are worthless. It is true that I greatly value education, but this doesn't have to be a formal education--anything someone does to increase their knowledge is a good thing. Furthermore, I am what they call "first generation." That is to say, my father never attended college at all, and my mother got a two-year degree. I would never insult a person for not going to college. There are numerous reasons why a person wouldn't go, and they're perfectly understandable. The only thing I don't stand for is people like yourself who are willfully ignorant.

But why am I even bothering to explain? You're nothing but an obnoxious bitch who wants nothing more than to create trouble, spamming discussion threads with endless hate and vitriol. You are a disease, both on the Digg community and on the human race. You are a disgrace to conservatives, women, Christians, and rationality. The world would be a better place if you were no longer a part of it. Please, do the world a favor and go seclude yourself. You obviously are incapable of interacting with other human beings, so you should remove yourself from that situation..." -- rgb86

Digg: http://goo.gl/x5nGq

Digg forum: http://goo.gl/mSnr7
Ban upheld on anti-abortion activists approaching pregnancy centre visitors (Germany)

....

See also:Digg http://goo.gl/x5nGq
Digg will tolerate complete abuse...as long as a conservative is the target!

" I thank you very kindly, Anomaly, for these remarks and for warning me of this heinously offensive, abusive, and harassing submission.

Quirkopatra has seriously gone off the deep end. She started off doing her usual behavior of putting words into another's mouth, taking offense at something he clearly didn't say. I think my initial reply was quite tame and not uncivil or insulting in any way. But Quirk just couldn't concede, and continued post after post, being incredibly insulting and harassing me, trying to provoke me. After going back and forth a few times, I get an alert from my mail service of 7 new replies. Apparently, Quirkopatra had latched onto some irrelevant aspect of a comment I made (saying that I had seens plenty of bad grammar while proofreading reports in college), and goes off on multiple tirades, derogatorily calling me "oh collegiate one."

Now, I'm aware that Digg was having some issues with the comment system at that point, but if you can bring yourself to actually read her bile, you'll notice that they're not all identical copies, so she WAS writing repeated, harassing comments. At this point, I had finally had enough. Seething with anger over the lies coming out of this deceitful piece of trash's mouth, I quickly wrote an angry comment. After a few seconds, when I had calmed a tiny bit--just enough to be a little more objective--I realized that I was unnecessarily profane, stooping down to Quirk's level. I'm assuming this was her plan all along. I tried to delete the comment, as the edit time had not yet run out, but due to the aforementioned comment bugs, I wasn't able to do so. After having calmed down further over the next hour, I decided the best thing to do was the write an apology following the previous, profane comment.

However, this wasn't good enough for self-righteous Quirkopatra, who continued to harass me, further demonstrating her complete inability to ever be civil. I think I phrased it best in my other post:

"You know what makes me better than you? It has nothing to do with my political beliefs or education. It's all about my character.

Unlike you, I can admit when I'm wrong and adjust my beliefs to match the evidence.

Unlike you, I have the strength to acknowledge my own biases.

Unlike you, I don't try to put words in other people's mouths and then blow up out of an invented offense.

And unlike you, when I have done someone wrong, I have the strength of character to apologize for what I've done.

You have none of that, and you never will."

I stand by this. I have most definitely done wrong, but I have apologized for my remarks. In previous exchanges with Quirk, if I thought she made a decent point, I voted her up and even acknowledged being wrong [ http://digg.com/news/politics/school_censors_religious_words_in_graduation_speech ]. I have NEVER seen Quirkopatra apologize for ANYTHING--not her offensive comments, her abusive demeanor, her blatantly false claims; nothing.

Look, I'm a reasonable guy. I'm rational, peaceful, willing to listen to others, and have a civil debate. However, when you start off by acting like a complete jackass, I lose that peacefulness. I'm not a saint, and when you provoke a person long enough, you're bound to get a response. What I hate most about this situation is that Quirkopatra managed to drag me down to her level.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all the other reasonable people here who want to try to keep Digg a civil community, I would encourage you to go to the other page [ http://digg.com/news/world_news/ban_upheld_on_anti_abortion_activists_approaching_pregnancy_centre_visitors_germany ], and bury and report all the offensive comments--mine included. Furthermore, I would urge you to use the contact page [ http://about.digg.com/contact ] to report a Terms of Use violation, both on the offensive comments as well as this harassing submission. When reporting comments, you should include a link to the individual comment, which can be obtained by right-clicking on the time stamp next to the user name.

Quirkopatra states that liberals can get away with all the abuse they want here on Digg, but I'd argue the opposite. Quirk has been pushing her offensive, inflammatory, and harassing comments on everyone here at Digg for FAR too long, and despite any amount of reporting and clear violations of the Terms of Use, she has not been banned. I say we stand up for the integrity of the community here at Digg and let the administrators know that we will not stand for users like her, who drag the community down into the mud. " -- rgb86

Src: http://goo.gl/6Z2ZG

....

Update:

" You know, on numerous occasions I’ve seen Quirkopatra defending Christianity, and yet I can’t help but wonder why. After all, she does not appear to be Christian. At least, that is to say she does not appear to follow the tenets of Christianity.

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." -- Exodus 20:16

Now, I'm not a Christian myself, but I imagine something contained within the Ten Commandments would be an awfully important rule to follow. Some passages can be a bit difficult to interpret, but this one seems pretty straightforward: DO NOT LIE ABOUT OTHERS. Why then does Quirkopatra insist on lying about people so often? She claims users say things they haven't said, politicians support things they don't support, and so on and so forth. Is this not a direct contradiction of the commandment?

"But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other;" -- Luke 6:27-29

And here, a no-brainer. Quirkopatra professes to be a Christian, and yet this very submission is proof to the contrary. A Christian, when confronted with hatred and abuse, must not retaliate, must not hate her opponent, but rather should forgive them. Harassing someone and then harassing them some more is precisely the opposite thing to what a good Christian must do.

"But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." -- John 8:6-7

If the words of a disciple are not binding enough, we can turn to the words of Jesus himself. If one is to condemn another for their actions, unless they are completely innocent themselves, they should not punish others. In this submission, we have Quirkopatra condeming and attempting to punish me for something I had said. And yet, there's not a single thing that I said that we cannot find within Quirkopatra's own comment history. Yet again, she's proving herself to be a complete hypocrite.

Numerous times, Quirkopatra has defended Christianity (not to mention disparaged all other ideologies), but you really have to wonder why. Judging based on her past behavior, it would seem that she represents the antithesis of Christian beliefs. I believe Ghandi put it best:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
"
-- rgb86

Src: http://goo.gl/6Z2ZG

....

"I would also like to extend my greatest appreciation and thanks to Phil, the administrator of the OldDogg website for removing the target of this submission, along with approximately 20 other of Quirky's submissions on that site targeting individuals for harassment. Your prompt and fair actions are a model that many others--Digg, especially--would be wise to follow." -- rgb86

Src: http://goo.gl/6Z2ZG

....

See also: http://goo.gl/tFdS5

NoTruePatriot: http://goo.gl/1pjdT

....


Updated (06-30-2011):
quirkopatra - quirky - 06-30-2011


Since this forum user is making an issue out of nothing "again", thought I would give [it] a voice. Please read this sites header and footer....

....

Updated (06-30-2011):

quirkopatra - quirky - 06-30-2011
http://comgen.blogspot.com/2011/06/quirkopatra-quirky-06-30-2011.html

Many people have been in contact over the past few days informing me that this forum user ( quirkopatra ) was wrongly targeting me (accusing comgen of hate-speech), when in fact the quotes in question were that of another user ( rgb86 ) and part of an conversation [it] was directly involved with. I (comgen) posted " (user) rgb86 - Fav Digg comment-reply of the week " ( http://goo.gl/NKzYB ) which expressed the user "rgb86" issue with user "quirkopatra " in regard to: "Digg will tolerate complete abuse...as long as a conservative is the target! " posted by: quirkopatra ( http://goo.gl/6Z2ZG )

I was under the impression that quirkopatra was making an petty issue over simple "posting of" key comments from the forum and/or for responding to a post quirkopatra wrote awhile back in regard to "Christian Nation Label" (http://goo.gl/Cthll ) - which I DID write, though poorly.

Total time spent on this issue ( post ) and/or thinking about the accusation(s) - 5-ish minutes :-) , I spent more time picking out my tie - 30-ish minutes and selecting breakfast cereal - 10-ish minutes.

-- best regards

....

http://olddogg.com/socialmedia/this-comgen-person-from-digg-really-doesnt-like-me--and-he-writes-blogs-about-it/

" This Comgen person from Digg really doesn't like me ...and he writes blogs about it! Posted by quirky Promoted: 19 hours ago (http://comgen.blogspot.com)

You know, on numerous occasions I’ve seen Quirkopatra defending Christianity, and yet I can’t help but wonder why. After all, she does not appear to be Christian. At least, that is to say she does not appear to follow the tenets of Christianity.

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." -- Exodus 20:16

Now, I'm not a Christian myself, but I imagine something contained within the Ten Commandments would be an awfully important rule to follow. Some passages can be a bit difficult to interpret, but this one seems pretty straightforward: DO NOT LIE ABOUT OTHERS. Why then does Quirkopatra insist on lying about people so often? She claims users say things they haven't said, politicians support things they don't support, and so on and so forth. Is this not a direct contradiction of the commandment? " -- quirky

....

" The sooner you start ignoring these liberal babies, the better off you'll be.
They are not worth time or energy.
They crave attention.
Get two ladder rungs above them & stay there.
Don't look down.
" -- bett 20 hours ago

....

" This was another one of those "I'm in the middle ... let's have a rational discussion" people... " -- quirky 19 hours ago


....

(c&p into google search): "comgen" site:olddogg.com

Results: (06-30-2011)

####

 Posted by quirky

"Upcoming | Old Dogg

olddogg.com/upcoming - Cached

This Comgen person from Digg really doesn't like me ...and he writes blogs about it! Posted by quirky 12 hours ago (http://comgen.blogspot.com) ..."

This Comgen person from Digg really doesn't like me ...and he ...
olddogg.com/.../this-comgen-person-from-digg-really-doesnt-like-me--and...You know, on numerous occasions I've seen Quirkopatra defending Christianity, and yet I can't help but wonder why. After all, she does not appear to be ..." -- Quirkopatra

....

Todays comment/replies from said forum user (06-30-2011)
http://digg.com/comgen/comments

####

quirkopatra 12 hr 32 min ago -2 diggs

You know ... I had a modicum of respect for you 'till I read your recent blog about me. You must be proud.

Digg: http://goo.gl/4QF4u

....

quirkopatra 12 hr 34 min ago -7 diggs

Dude. I just checked out your hate blog about me.

Great foul stuff! Bet you really feel great about the stones you cast.

Digg: http://goo.gl/0t7XZ

....

quirkopatra
http://digg.com/quirkopatra/comments

olddogg.com: quirky

Other: http://goo.gl/1pjdT

####

Here are the two post of which Quirkopatra refers to:

1)

Knee Deep in Technology: Quickly Put: brief reply to "Writer's ...
May 17, 2011

Quickly Put: brief reply to "Writer's archive. Involuntary toxin purge, Coop, and the forest of thoughts. " quirkopatra.blogspot.com. Note: I apologize in advance for the mangling of English grammar, I'm not very good at ...
http://goo.gl/Cthll

....

2)

Knee Deep in Technology: rgb86 - Fav Digg comment-reply of the week
Jun 23, 2011

Quirkopatra has seriously gone off the deep end. She started off doing her usual behavior of putting words into another's mouth, taking offense at something he clearly didn't say. I think my initial reply was quite tame ...
http://goo.gl/NKzYB

....

Posted by: quirky